To celebrate finishing the second draft of my new Unity DOTS e-book, I’m having a sale of my Udemy Unity courses. Use the coupon code DEC23_BEST, or click the links below, to get the best price on Udemy for these courses over the next few days.
- A Complete Guide to Unity’s Universal Render Pipeline
- Learn to write Unity Compute Shaders
- Learn Unity Shaders from Scratch
Unity DOTS is an acronym for Data-oriented Technology Stack, featuring:
- The Jobs System – a simple way and safe way to bring multi-threading to your code
- The Burst compiler – a straight to native assembler compiler
- Unity’s Data-oriented Design (DoD) implementation Entity Component System (ECS).
- And several other packages for Collections, Mathematics, Rendering and Physics
Switching from Object Oriented Programming (OOP) to DoD can result in massive performance improvements. Expect a DOTS course in late 2024.
The DOTS e-book will be my third e-book for Unity. My previous two are
Here are my discounted courses:
A Complete Guide to Unity’s Universal Render Pipeline
As Unity gradually switches to URP from the Built-in Render Pipeline, it’s time to learn the new techniques from the author of Unity’s URP e-books.
Learn to write Unity Compute Shaders
Learn to harness the power of the GPU for processing intensive jobs.
Learn Unity Shaders from Scratch
Learn the black-art of Unity shaders in this comprehensive course on HLSL. Including Universal Render Pipeline (URP) Shaders.