HTML5 Game Development – Beginner to Pro
Udemy video course on html5 game development with loads of resources to download to use in your own games.
HTML5 Games run on just about all devices. Learn how to create them from someone who has spent the last 20 years creating casual games. All HTML5 games are based around a knowledge of displaying content on a Canvas. In this course we start with the basics of individual images on a Canvas. From there we move onto sprites – developing step by step a sprite library that you are free to use in your own games. The library allows you to display frame animated sprites that show a flip book of images to display walking and running characters and much more.
You will learn:
- About physics to easily add dynamic collision detection to your games.
- How to create platform games, puzzle and card games.
- How to add multiple layers of audio.
- How to add a preloader to your games.
- How to add the bells and whistles that make your game stand out.
- How to handle multiple users via WebSockets.
All code is free to use in your own games. The course contains lots of assets and code examples that you are free to use in your own games. As a course student you also have access to an online tool for creating spritesheets and animations.
- Students wishing to learn about 2d game authoring
- Developers who want to use the HTML5 canvas for complex graphic content.
- Students who want to learn tips and tricks from a pro on interactive sprite animation
- Developers who want to learn how to create platform, tiled, card and puzzle games.